Teach how to create / manage beautiful artworks on Procreate (iPad) during a Sketch Walk and at the Apple Store in Berlin (Kurfürstendamm).
Digital Artist / Mentor
3 weeks (concept + workshop)
I was invited to teach a few my technique I use on my iPad and my working philosophy in correlation with digital tools at the Berliner Apple Store, located at the Kurfürstendamm. We went out, in company of the students / the apple store staff and sketched our surroundings directly on the iPad: the concept was to develop storytelling with drawing, in a personal style.
Unlocking creativity can be difficult, so my mission was to get the students more comfortable with their tools (software and hardware), show / inspire them on how to adapt, improvise and overcome several unexpected problems that could occur when working outside.
Strategy for my workshop:
- I took inspiration from the Design Thinking Method to build up my course -
1. Understand (the tools, the course)
2. Define (observe how it works)
3. Overcome (challenges and pain points to solve)
3. Ideate (share ideas, all ideas are worthy)
4. Prototype (Iterate quickly, create)
5. Test (Does it work?)
6. Tell story (why? what was my inspiration?)
7. Present to /share with other Students
- Pen & Paper
- Ipad Pro
A big thank you to the Apple team for the great communication, Julia de Angeli and to my wonderful Clémence :)